THIS MEETING IS POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19.
STAY TUNED FOR A FUTURE DATE.
Managing the Risk: A Tick Bite Prevention Workshop will be presented as part of the Tipperary Hill Neighborhood Association Meeting by Kristina Ferrare of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County.
Did you know ticks are active year round in CNY? As long as the temperature is above freezing, they are looking for their next meal. This workshop will prepare you to protect your family all year long! Learn tick identification, tick habitat, appropriate personal protection and habitat modification measure to take to reduce the risk of tick bites. If you are bitten, you will know the appropriate way to remove the tick. Each household in attendance will receive microtweezers for removing ticks according to CDC guidelines.
* January 13, 2020, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Thornden Park Field House, located at Ostrom Ave and University Place, 13210, as part of the Thornden Park Association Meeting.
* January 22, 2020, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at the Onondaga Park Fire Barn, located at 500 Summit Ave, 13207, as part of the Greater Strathmore Neighborhood Association Meeting.
* February 18, 2020, 12:00 - 1:00p.m., at the Bob Cecile Senior Center, located at 174 W. Seneca Trpk, 13205.
* February 26, 2020, 11:00a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Magnarelli Community Senior Center, located at 2800 Grant Blvd., 13208.
* May 6, 2020, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at All Saints School, located at 112 S. Wilbur Ave, 13204.
We will continue to update our list of workshops as dates are confirmed. If you are interested in hosting a workshop in the City of Syracuse, please contact Chris Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Saints School
112 S. Wilbur Ave
Syracuse, NY 13204
Last updated May 6, 2020